Ever want to try something different? Check out this delicious recipe from the creative mind of Laura from pageandplate!
I got connected with Laura through markets. I really appreciate how creative she is, the way she thinks of food/drinks is awesome.
Anyways, here is the important stuff the recipe!
If you try it, I would love to hear how it turns out!
Upside Down Coffee Glazed Nectarine Cake
1/2 cup of unsalted butter, divided
1/2 cup of brown sugar
3 oz of Sandhill Coffee, brewed
4 nectarines, pitted and sliced thinly
8 oz of almond paste
3/4 cup of granulated sugar
1/4 cup of vegetable oil
1 tsp of vanilla extract
1/3 cup of whole milk
1 1/3 cups of flour
1 tsp of cinnamon
1/2 tsp of cardamom
1. Preheat oven to 350. In a heavy, oven-proof cast iron skillet, melt 4 TBSP of butter. When melted, stir in brown sugar and coffee to make a paste. Lay out nectarine slices in paste, then set aside.
2. In a blender, pulse the almond paste and sugar until smooth. Add to a large bowl.
3. Beat in the remaining butter, melted, and the vegetable oil. When smooth, add the eggs and vanilla.
4. Add the milk, then stir until smooth. Add flour, cinnamon, and cardamom all at once, then mix until just combined.
5. Pour batter over the nectarines and then bake for 30 minutes, or until golden brown.